1. About us
2. About this policy
3. Collection of data for course administration and teaching
This privacy statement is applicable to all personal data that you provide to Taalcentrum Kookoovaja through the application form, contact form, newsletter subscription, at open days, offline events or a personal intake meeting. We store necessary information about (former) students, clients, staff and organisations. We store these data to organise, announce and evaluate our services.
3.1 Which data we collect
Administration-related data collection
- name, address, city, email address, phone number;
- choice of course, u-pas for budget use, references for referral discount
Teaching-related data collection
- motivation for learning;
- language background: mother tongue, other languages;
- language learning background: followed courses in the past, progress in learning, use of the target language;
- age, profession, hobbies (for creating personalised course-content);
- report on intake meeting;
- notes on individual progress
3.2 How we use your data
When sharing your personal information, you agree that it may be used for any of the following purposes:
- Informing you about our courses and events
- Communicating with your teacher about your learning needs, goals and progress
- Processing your payment
- Informing you about any changes related to delivering our services
- Requesting your feedback on the courses
- Sending you our newsletters and other marketing communications related to our business which we think may be of interest to you. Newsletters and marketing communications are always accompanied by a link that allows you to unsubscribe (opt-out link).
3.3 How we store your data
We do not store your personal data for any longer than necessary regarding the aims mentioned above, with a maximum of ten years after the completion of your last course or exam. (Former) students, clients, staff and organisations have the right to request access to their registered information and request changes to it or for it to be removed. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Information is stored in print form at the administrative office of Taalcentrum Kookoovaja, and digitally on our secure databases. The information is accessible only to staff who needs it for the operation of the organisation and who handles it with professional confidentiality.
3.4 When we may share your data
We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent, unless required by law to provide it to public legal entities. We may share your personal information with third parties, with your consent and when permitted by law, in the following cases:
- our provider of customer relationship management services (which allows us, for example, to send personalised email communications to you)
- our payment services provider
- our customer service software
3.5 How we protect your data
Data will be stored digitally in highly secured databases. Only those who need to access the information for the operation of the organisation will have access to the aforementioned data. Furthermore, all those who can access the data will handle such information with professional confidentiality.
4. Collection of data for our website
This privacy statement is applicable also to all data generated during your use of our website. We use this information to have a good understanding of the use of our website. We do not use your data for advertising.
4.1 Which data we collect and why
This website uses ‘cookies’. Cookies are small text files which are stored on a user’s computer, tablet or smartphone when they visit the website.
Functional cookies: We use functional cookies, which are essential for the website to work, such as a cookie that remembers your language setting so that you don’t have to enter it every time you visit our website.
Analytical cookies: We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation). This information is used to create reports about the use of our website. Google stores this information.
4.2 How we protect your data
We do not share information gathered through our functional cookies, and make our best effort to protect your personal data against unauthorized access and use. However, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
You may choose to disable cookies by setting up your internet browser so that it does not save cookies anymore. You can also delete information that has been saved earlier through the settings of your browser. If you prefer not to be part of Google Analytics, Google also offers an opt-out option: you can install a special browser add-on. View this page for more information