What will I learn?
In this course for beginners, you will learn the basics of Dutch. Starting off with talking about yourself and having small, everyday conversations. Alongside general homework, you will receive practical assignments to immediately put your new knowledge into practice.
You will specifically become familiar with themes such as: introducing yourself, making appointments, placing an order in a bar or restaurant, talking about your weekend plans and what you did last weekend, asking for and giving directions, talking about celebrations, shopping at various shops.
Each class has a maximum of 8 participants, which ensures you get the most out of it. The teacher provides personal feedback, you get a lot of time to speak and simultaneously you learn from classmates who have other questions and experiences.
This course is offered fully online via a videochat program.
Good to know about online lessons:
- Besides group-talks, we use break-out groups, so that students can talk 1 on 1 and do not have to wait for their turn in the group. Your teacher passes by to check-in, or you can ask help from your teacher via the ‘ask for help’ button. Just like in offline lessons!
- We can record dialogues and presentations, so that the teacher and students can listen back to evaluate and give feedback. Additional plus!
- We give students a variety of assignments and make agreements on the time you work individually, in pairs or in groups. Your teacher is online with you, just like in the classroom.
- You can join the videochat meeting from your browser if you have not downloaded and installed the application on your computer/phone. We work with Zoom mainly, but with private/small groups your teacher might be using Skype/Teams instead.
Here are some tips for a succesful online learning experience:
- find a room with a good internet connection.
- make sure the room is quiet so no-one will disturb you during the class.
- set up a good lamp for sufficient lighting to shine on you and your books.
- test your headphones and microphone before going live.
- be on time or a few minutes earlier to set up the connection and get familiar with the online environment.
- need more guidance into setting up connection? let us know via email@example.com
Course dates and time
Beginners I – online
This is an online course of 12 lessons going from A0 to A1 level.
Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:30 (Dutch time)
Startdate: 12 April 2022